The Sussex Doctoral School has resubscribed to the UEA Online Training Series for the 2021-22 academic year, to complement the Researcher Development Programme workshops and events we deliver.
Registration for each online workshop opens at 12 noon three weeks in advance on a rolling basis, with the first Autumn session opening for bookings on Tuesday 14 September. Booking is always competitive so make sure you book early to avoid disappointment. We recommend bookmarking the UEA Training Series website so you can check regularly for new dates!
In addition, we are offering ten of these UEA workshops exclusively for Sussex researchers as part of the RDP, once in Autumn and again in Spring. You will be able to book your place through Sussex Direct once workshops are listed.
- Academic Publishing
- A Comparison of Qualitative Methods
- Qualitative Interviewing
- Analysing Qualitative Data
- Using NVivo for Qualitative Research
- On the Job: Securing a First Academic Post
- Preparing Impactful Research Proposals & Grant Applications
- A Beginner’s Guide to Quantitative Research (recording in Autumn term)
- An Introduction to Scale Development (recording in Autumn term)
- An Introduction to Structural Equation Modelling (recording in Autumn term)
About the UEA Online Training Series
The UEA Training Series offers research and professional skills training for PGRs in a ‘live-taught’ online format, meaning you can attend at a time and location that suits you. Training sessions are delivered via a virtual classroom, usually in the evening from 19.00 but also on weekday mornings at 10.00.
The course consists of five modules, each with multiple online sessions per term:
- Module 1: Academic Writing
- Module 2: Qualitative Research Skills (including NVivo)
- Module 3: Finishing your PhD
- Module 4: Teaching Skills
- Module 5: Quantitative Research Skills
See our online resources page for further details, including information on the software that you’ll need to download before your first session.
The University of Sussex Doctoral School does not deal with bookings for UEA workshops. If you have any problems, you want to ask a question, or there is anything you don’t understand, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.