Collaboration in Context: Advancing Research and Policy Practices in Science, Technology, and Innovation
Thursday 17 & Friday 18 June, 2021
In an increasingly complex world, the key to innovative problem-solving lies in challenging old system boundaries and using the potential of many actors, institutions, and knowledge sources – in short, collaboration.
Under this umbrella, the 27th SPRU PhD Forum aims to bring together novel research insights to deepen and broaden our understanding of Science, Technology, and Innovation. The forum provides a unique platform for doctoral researchers to present and discuss their work with scholars in their field and to extend their horizons past their own disciplines.
The forum welcomes doctoral researchers from areas like Science, Politics and Decision Making; Energy Policy and SSH; Sustainable Development and Sustainability Transitions; Economics of Innovation and Industrial Policy; Technology and Innovation Management, and related fields. This year, they especially welcome contributions related to collaboration, which can cover but are not limited to the following topics:
• Research across disciplines and beyond academia, in multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary projects;
• Participation of civil society and/or the private sector in policy and governance processes;
• Multi-actor collaboration and transition experiments in sustainability transitions;
• Collaboration patterns in a digital society;
• Power dynamics, risk perception, and strategies in multi-actor system;
• Multi-level governance, large system disruptions (e.g. Climate Change, COVID), and innovation
Call for Presentations
To participate, please send an Abstract of your work or well-developed project idea (max. 400 words) including a short professional biography (100-150 words) to the registration link.
Successful applicants will be offered the opportunity to present their research in a short presentation (10 mins) and discussion (3-5 mins) during the Forum.
The deadline for applications is 23 April 2021. Notifications of acceptance will be sent out by 14 May 2021. We look forward to receiving your abstracts!