The Brilliant Club is a charity working to widen participation in higher education by putting university researchers into schools.
Its Scholars Programme offers doctoral and early career researchers a meaningful, paid professional development opportunity, delivering university-style tutorials to small groups of pupils in non-selective state schools.
Researchers design and deliver sessions based on their own research for pupils 13 and above, or deliver a pre-designed programme for younger pupils pitched at the appropriate level. A weekend of pedagogical training is provided to all tutors. The next application deadline is 30 November.
- Get expert training and real experience to develop your teaching
- Gain valuable public engagement experience
- Communicate your research to a non-specialist audience
- Boost your employability with transferable skills
- Support local pupils from underrepresented backgrounds to access university
- Join a nationwide network of like-minded researchers making an impact on university access
- Earn £500 per placement
See the Scholars Programme webpages for further information, including the application form, and email email@example.com if you have any questions.