With the UK now finalising plans to leave the EU on 31st January 2020, please note events on campus over the coming weeks to ensure that you have all the information, advice and support you may need.
International Student Support will be running briefing sessions this term to explain the benefits of applying for the EU Settlement Scheme and to guide you through the application process:
- Thursday 30th January 2020, 11am – 12pm, Arts C133 Lecture Theatre. Book here.
- Tuesday 4th February 2020, 12-1pm, Jubilee 144. Book here.
- Wednesday 19th February 2020, 2-3pm, Fulton B Lecture Theatre. Book here.
- Wednesday 4th March 2020, 2-3pm, Fulton B Lecture Theatre. Book here.
- Wednesday 18th March 2020, 2-3pm, Fulton B Lecture Theatre. Book here.
In addition, the University is running a special, all student Brexit event on Wednesday 29th January, 2-3pm (Jubilee 144) to ensure that you are informed about the latest Brexit developments, and the support available at Sussex. This event is open to all Doctoral Researchers and all students, whether from the EU, UK or international.
If you are currently studying or on fieldwork outside the UK, or if you are currently taking a period of intermission, it is still possible to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme whilst you are outside the UK, based on your previous residence in the UK.
For all Brexit-related questions and further information, please refer to the Brexit Hub.